Discrete tasks we’d like help with
- Web management – Do you have good web and communication skills? We’d love someone to help us maintain this website by posting articles, loading workshops into the reskilling calendar, advertising events and so on. Estimated time commitment one hour per week.
- Web support – a lot of our web updating can also be done by a range of people – but sometimes they need a hand! If you are someone can step people through web stuff, we need you! Estimated time: half an hour per week (but ad hoc).
- Website/calendar monitor – we also would love to have someone who regularly checks to make sure that our calendar, blog and e-bulletin all have the same information and that we don’t miss posting a crucial event on our calendar! Estimated time: half an hour per week.
- Financial management – can you provide financial or book-keeping advice? Are you good at creating and maintaining financial records systems? Could you help us out for a couple of hours per month?
- Graphic design – we run a lot of events and we need someone to help us design posters. Estimated time commitment is 3 hours per month.
We have a range of roles that are being done by a number of volunteers. However, it’s really great to have a back-up for when people get overloaded, or sick or need some time off – or eventually move on. If you’d like to assist and/or play a back-up to any of these roles, we’d love to hear from you!
Once-offs / ad hoc
- host a permablitz
- host a home sustainability assessment / home and garden tour
- host a workshop (gardening, cooking, preserving, chooks etc.)
- organise an event
- Got some unused office space?
- Got some surplus office supplies? (Recycled paper and envelopes, laptop, printer, staplers, pens etc.)
- Venues – do you know somewhere that we can run meetings, events or workshops? We need venues in Darebin that are accessible for people with mobility issues, close to public transport, cheap or free, with bathroom and small kitchen facilities.